1. Every man must do two things alone; he must do his own believing and his own dying.
2. The God of this world is riches, pleasure and pride.
3. All who call on God in true faith, earnestly from the heart, will certainly be heard and will receive what they have asked and desired.
4. If you young fellows were wise, the devil couldn’t do anything to you, but since you aren’t wise, you need us who are old.
5. First I shake the whole Apple tree, that the ripest might fall. Then I climb the tree and shake each limb, and then each branch and then each twig, and then I look under each leaf.
6. Reason is the enemy of faith.
7.The Lord commonly gives riches to foolish people, to whom he gives nothing else.
8. I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God’s hands, that I still possess.
9. Faith is permitting ourselves to be seized by the things we do not see.
10. Whatever your heart clings to and confides in, that is really your God
11. The reproduction of mankind is a great marvel and mystery. Had God consulted me in the matter, I should have advised him to continue the generation of the species by fashioning them out of clay.
12. Faith is a living, daring confidence in God’s grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
13. Anyone who is to find Christ must first find the church. How could anyone know where Christ is and what faith is in him unless he knew where his believers are?
14. To gather with God’s people in united adoration of the Father is as necessary to the Christian life as prayer.
15. I cannot and will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand, I can do no other, so help me God. Amen.
16. I feel much freer now that I am certain the pope is the Antichrist.
17. I am afraid that the schools will prove the very gates of hell, unless they diligently labor in explaining the Holy Scriptures and engraving them in the heart of the youth.
18. Pray, and let God worry.
19. The fewer the words, the better the prayer
20. Prayer is a strong wall and fortress of the church; it is a goodly Christian weapon.
21. To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing.
22. God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars.
23. For where God built a church, there the Devil would also build a chapel.
24. Live like Jesus died yesterday rose this morning and is coming back tomorrow.
25. I more fear what is within me than what comes from without.
26. Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, what are you doing for others?
27. There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.
28. Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.
29. You are not only responsible for what you say, but also for what you do not say.
30. Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime
31. Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave.
32. For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver
33. Nothing good ever comes of violence.
34. Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world.
35. Forgiveness is God’s command.
36.Be a sinner and sin strongly, but more strongly have faith and rejoice in Christ.
37. My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.
38. You should not believe your conscience and your feelings more than the word which the Lord who receives sinners preaches to you.
39. I am more afraid of my own heart than of the pope and all his cardinals. I have within me the great pope, Self.
40. The man who has the will to undergo all labor may win to any good.
41. If I am not allowed to laugh in heaven, I don’t want to go there.
42. The Bible is the cradle wherein Christ is laid.
43. People must have righteous principals in the first, and then they will not fail to perform virtuous actions
44. War is the greatest plague that can afflict humanity, it destroys religion, it destroys states, it destroys families. Any scourge is preferable to it.
45. Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
46. Peace is more important than all justice; and peace was not made for the sake of justice, but justice for the sake of peace.
47. There comes a time when silence is betrayal.
48. I shall never be a heretic; I may err in dispute, but I do not wish to decide anything finally; on the other hand, I am not bound by the opinions of men.
49. Grant that I may not pray alone with the mouth; help me that I may pray from the depths of my heart.
50. Let no man pull you low enough to hate him